I don’t know about you, but where I live, it has been insanely hot the last few weeks. I haven’t even wanted to go outside, let alone get the oven going for hours to bake something. So, I figured, why not make something crisp and cool instead?
My original intent is to do a cool “frozen treats” month, since August is shaping up to be a hot one. We’ll see how far that goes, but stay tuned for more!
Frozen fruit popsicles are one of those treats I like to have but rarely make. We usually use our fruit for other purposes, so I don’t usually make something as simple as a popsicle. So this time, I decided to give it a try.
I had to do some searching for a popsicle mold that I liked. I ended up finding this silicone mold, which works pretty great! Of course, you can grab whatever mold you like, or even use dixie cups, or whatever you like. Just don’t use something that might crack or break when frozen liquid expands, is all.
As far as ingredients are concerned, you can use pretty much any fruit you want. I used blueberries and strawberries because they’re both berries I had on hand. Yogurt makes it nice and creamy, the banana gives it flavor, and the honey adds some sweetness. The orange juice helps make sure it all freezes solid.
Making them is also super easy, so here’s how.
Fruit and Yogurt Ice Pops
- Popsicle Molds
- 2 Cups Fruit I used Strawberries and Blueberries
- ½ Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice About half a fresh orange
- 1 Banana
- Blend together your banana and yogurt to mix into a smooth puree. Set aside.
- Blend your fruit of choice, along with the orange juice and honey.
- Add spoonfuls of each mixture to your molds, alternating to create layers.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- To remove easily, run under warm water for a few seconds to loosen. Enjoy!